According to Thai media Khaosod Online, Alice had not updated her social media for a while, and it led to suspicions about her whereabouts.
Her friends then decided to check in with Alice’s sister and it was only then they found out that Alice had passed away from suspected asphyxiation after choking on moo ping and sticky rice in March.
According to a comment posted using Alice’s Facebook account, the influencer was rushed to the hospital after the incident. There, the doctors told her mother that she had arrived “nine minutes too late”, resulting in cerebral hypoxia, which occurs when the brain doesn’t get enough oxygen.
It’s said that Alice was in a vegetative state for the past three months.
Alice’s sister confirmed the influencer’s passing on Facebook, where she wrote: “Rest in peace Arisara Karbdecho, my little angel.”
According Thai online publication Sanook, Alice’s mum said her daughter was always working and barely had time to rest, which explains why she gobbled down and eventually choked on her food the day the tragedy happened.